Beyond the Wall, the feature documentary by Jenny Phillips and Bestor Cram, will make its U.S. broadcast premiere on Tuesday, April 10, 2018, at 8 p.m. on WORLD Channel ) as part of the new season of AMERICA REFRAMED, public media’s award-winning documentary series. Streaming will begin on April 11, 2018 on worldchannel.org and all station-branded PBS platforms including PBS.org, and on PBS apps for iOS, Android, Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV and Chromecast.
Here’s how you can tune in:
- National Broadcast: Premiering April 10 at 8:00 pm Eastern time, check local listings
- Online streaming: Available at http://worldchannel.org/programs/episode/arf-s6-607-beyond-wall/
Watch with others and create impact…
Community conversations are vital to the campaign of the film. Multiply the impact of Beyond the Wall by watching and discussing it with others—particularly with those involved in the criminal justice and reentry system.
- Host a viewing party: Invite friends and colleagues to watch the broadcast on WORLD Channel or the online stream of the film. Use this viewing guide to initiate a discussion about the film and encourage an activity that supports the film’s impact campaign.
- Organize a screening: DVDs and public screening rights for events are available for sale here: http://beyondthewallfilm.com/host-a-screening/
- Bring the film to your classroom! DVDs and educational rights coming soon here: http://www.passionr
An important goal of the film is to promote the knowledge and experience of the formerly incarcerated. Consider inviting someone with direct experience in reentry to lead or participate in your discussion. If you need help identifying someone locally, email firstname.lastname@example.org.